Chef Angela is proud to present ‘Zucca croccante al forno‘ – Pumpkin Flatbread – a traditional recipe of her hometown Sezze, just outside of Rome, as her grandma Vincenzina used to make: this recipe was even featured in US Personal Chef Association’s Magazine!
Ingredients for 4 servings
- Butternut Squash 500gr. – 20oz
- Flour 80gr. – 0.17lb
- Salt as needed
- Cayenne to taste
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) as needed
- Julienne cut the squash using a mandolin (see Amazon link below). We need thin and narrow strips.
- Place the cut squash into a colander, add salt and mix, put a weight on top and let it lose water for a whole night in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200C – 400F.
- Squeeze the squash by hand or with help of cotton cloth.
- In a bowl, mix the squash, flour, salt, and cayenne. The mixture needs to be sticky.
- Grease with olive oil the ovenproof dish and place the mixture in a thin layer.
- Drizzle with EVOO on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes approximately or until crunchy and roasted.
Stock your kitchen
Like what you see? Share it with your friends:
Follow Chef Angela on YouTube
Let’s experience the best food, and more, Italy has to offer!