Chef Angela is proud to present ‘Zucca croccante al forno‘ – Pumpkin Flatbread – a traditional recipe of her hometown Sezze, just outside of Rome, as her grandma Vincenzina used to make: this recipe was even featured in US Personal Chef Association’s Magazine!
Ingredients for 4 servings
- Butternut Squash 500gr. – 20oz
- Flour 80gr. – 0.17lb
- Salt as needed
- Cayenne to taste
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) as needed
- Julienne cut the squash using a mandolin (see Amazon link below). We need thin and narrow strips.
- Place the cut squash into a colander, add salt and mix, put a weight on top and let it lose water for a whole night in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200C – 400F.
- Squeeze the squash by hand or with help of cotton cloth.
- In a bowl, mix the squash, flour, salt, and cayenne. The mixture needs to be sticky.
- Grease with olive oil the ovenproof dish and place the mixture in a thin layer.
- Drizzle with EVOO on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes approximately or until crunchy and roasted.
Stock your kitchen
As an Amazon Associate, Bellangela earns from qualifying purchases.
Like what you see? Share it with your friends:
Follow Chef Angela on YouTube
Let’s experience the best food, and more, Italy has to offer!