These Terms of Service govern your use of BELLANGELA Italian Cuisine website (the “Site”) and any services (the “Services”) offered on the Site or via other communication methods. This is a legal agreement between you and BELLANGELA Italian Cuisine, LLC (“we”, “us” or “BELLANGELA”). If you do not agree or are unable to agree to be bound by these Terms of Service, do not use the Site or the Services.
These Terms of Service may be modified from time to time. When changes are made, BELLANGELA will make the revised version available on this webpage and will indicate at the top of this page the date that revisions were last made. Your use of the Site or the Services after such posting will constitute acceptance by you of such changes.
These Terms of Service are organized into the following six sections:
- Nature of Our Site and Services
- Notes on Food
- Release of Liability
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Payment and Cancellation Policies
Nature of Our Site and Services
BELLANGELA Italian Cuisine provides cooking classes, catering and personal chef services. The Site is a venue for engaging potential clients by providing details about the services and may also offer the ability to book and pay for a specific service. The following three services are provided, and BELLANGELA is also available for Italian lifestyle-related events and presentations.
- Cooking Classes. Classes are generally 2-hour hands-on with a small set of students (4-6), and BELLANGELA would provide aprons, cooking tools, and other supplies for the class, including complimentary shoe covers if needed. Other forms of cooking classes are available upon request. A complimentary Italian cappuccino (normal or decaf) is usually served, depending on the venue. BELLANGELA would provide also printed recipes for notes, and digital copy sent via mail. At the end of the class, unless differently specified, BELLANGELA would serve menu’ samples in a table set Italian-style.
- Catering. BELLANGELA will assist you on designing your special catering needs for your party: prices will vary depending on the combinations. BELLANGELA will shop for all necessary food items and ingredients and then prepare and cook the meals and deliver them at your desired location.
- Personal Chef. BELLANGELA will shop for all necessary food items and ingredients and then prepare and cook the meals for you in your kitchen. You should please ensure that the kitchen is clean and ready at the scheduled time. As member of the USPCA (United States Personal Chef Association) you can expect the highest professional chef’s standards from BELLANGELA, including a coverage with liability insurance. As your Personal Chef for the event, you can expect BELLANGELA to:
- Show up on the agreed date and time for the cooking session prepared to work.
- Clean the affected areas of the kitchen during and after the cooking session.
- Clean any kitchen tool used in the preparation, if not brought by the chef.
- Handle and store fruits, vegetables, meats and seafood appropriately.
- Respect your privacy and property.
Notes on Food
- BELLANGELA bases their culinary dishes on the very healthy Mediterranean diet (for references: Eat well and stay well with Mediterranean diet (by Ancel Keys)) and can accommodate requests for gluten-free and food allergies (vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free). Wine is not included in the services, but BELLANGELA can help with the selection when the menu’ proposal will be decided.
- Food safety. It’s client’s responsibility to properly handle and maintain the leftovers. BELLANGELA would provide instructions for how to handle leftovers, but is not responsible for problems that may occur with your refrigerator/freezer, or due to improper handling or storage of food. In general food should not be left unrefrigerated for longer than 2 hours. For cooking classes, students can bring home leftovers at BELLANGELA’s discretion.
Release of Liability
In exchange for participation in the activity of cooking classes, catering and personal chef services provided by BELLANGELA and/or the use of the property, facilities and services of Bellangela Cooking, you agree to the following:
- Agreement to follow directions. You agree to observe all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by BELLANGELA, or the employees, representatives or agents of BELLANGELA. BELLANGELA reserves the right to refuse the service in case of failure to comply to instructions and good behavior.
- Assumption of the risks and release. You recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity and assume full responsibility for personal injury to yourself and your family members (if applicable), and further release and discharge BELLANGELA for injury, loss or damage arising out of your (or your family members’ (if applicable) use of or presence upon the facilities of BELLANGELA, whether caused by the fault of yourself, or your family (if applicable), BELLANGELA or other third parties.
- Fees. You agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of BELLANGELA caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by you or your family (if applicable).
- Medical authorization. In the event of an injury for yourself during the above described activities, you give your permission to BELLANGELA or to the employees, representatives, or agents of BELLANGELA to arrange for all necessary medical treatment for which you shall be financially responsible. This temporary authority will last until above described activities are completed.
- Consent and medical authorization for minors.
- You consent to the participation of minor(s) you are parent or guardian of, in the activity of cooking classes, catering and personal chef and agree on behalf of the minor(s) to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By signing this Release of Liability, you represent that you have legal authority over and custody of the minor(s).
- In the event of an injury to the minor(s) during the above described activities, you give your permission to BELLANGELA or to the employees, representatives or agents of BELLANGELA to arrange for all necessary medical treatment for which you shall be financially responsible.
BELLANGELA (the “Owner”) has requested and you (the “Recipient”) agree that the Recipient will protect the confidential material and information which may be disclosed between the parties. Therefore, the parties agree as follows:
- Confidential Information. The term “Confidential Information” means any information or material which is proprietary to the Owner, whether or not owned or developed by the Owner, which is not generally known other than by the Owner, and which the Recipient may obtain through any direct or indirect contact with the Owner. The nature of the information and the manner of disclosure are such that a reasonable person would understand it to be confidential. “Confidential Information” does not include:
- matters of public knowledge that result from disclosure by the Owner;
- information rightfully received by the Recipient from a third party without a duty of confidentiality;
- information independently developed by the Recipient;
- information disclosed by operation of law;
- information disclosed by the Recipient with the prior written consent of the Owner;
- and any other information that both parties agree in writing is not confidential.
- Protection of Confidential Information. The Recipient understands and acknowledges that the Confidential Information has been developed or obtained by the Owner by the investment of significant time, effort and expense, and that the Confidential Information is a valuable, special and unique asset of the Owner which provides the Owner with a significant competitive advantage and needs to be protected from improper disclosure. In consideration for the receipt by the Recipient of the Confidential Information, the Recipient agrees as follows:
- No Disclosure. The Recipient will hold the Confidential Information in confidence and will not disclose the Confidential Information to any person or entity without the prior written consent of the Owner.
- No Copying/Modifying. The Recipient will not copy or modify any Confidential Information without the prior written consent of the Owner.
- Unauthorized Use. The Recipient shall promptly advise the Owner if the Recipient becomes aware of any possible unauthorized disclosure or use of the Confidential Information.
- Unauthorized disclosure of information – injunction. If it appears that the Recipient has disclosed (or has threatened to disclose) Confidential Information in violation of this Agreement, the Owner shall be entitled to an injunction to restrain the Recipient from disclosing the Confidential Information in whole or in part. The Owner shall not be prohibited by this provision from pursuing other remedies, including a claim for losses and damages.
- Term. The obligations of this Agreement shall survive until the Owner sends the Recipient written notice releasing the Recipient from this Agreement.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
Independently on the nature of the service (Cooking Class, Catering, Personal Chef or other types of event), the following policies apply:
- Booking. Event dates and menus are confirmed when 50% payment is received. The remaining 50% payment is due the day of the event.
- Cancellation Policy. BELLANGELA does not offer any refunds for services purchased. If changes in service dates or cancellations are provided less than 5 days prior the event, BELLANGELA will require additional cancellation fees, such as ingredients already bought, time spent to grocery, etc.
- Personal Information. Depending on how you use the Site and the services, we may ask you to share personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) with us. Whether you choose to share your Personal Information is completely up to you, but keep in mind that you may not be able to access some areas of the Site or effectively use the services we offer without sharing Personal Information. Note that to use the Site or any service, BELLANGELA does not require to register your account or user profile: personal Information includes any information that can be used to contact you and to perform the agreed service. Examples include your name, address, email address, phone number and credit card information if applicable (for example if you accept to book services by using PayPal payments).
- Payment Information. In some cases, BELLANGELA may offer PayPal as convenient form of payment: if you accept, BELLANGELA will require your credit card information, which in any case would not be stored as part of your account information. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
- Non–Personal Information. Non-personal information is information that does not identify the specific User. This type of information may include things like the URL of the website you visited before and after visiting BELLANGELA’s Site, the type of browser you are using, and the IP address of the computer you use to visit the Site. Specifically:
- Cookies. We collect some anonymous information about how you use the Site by setting and accessing cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer. These cookies track information such as how often you visit the Site, what pages you view, and where you go after you leave the Site. The cookies track your computer, not you. They are not connected to any personal information about you. If you choose to disable a cookie, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site.
- Activity and Log Data. We automatically store information related to your use of the Site in our log files, such as the pages you view on the Site, your browser type, IP address, operating system, referring URL and the date and time of your visit. We use this type of information to administer the Site and to analyze trends. This information is not tied to personally identifiable information.